Photo credit: Kfir Sivan
On August 26th , 2016 Tel Aviv will celebrate a special day for dogs, for the first time in Israel.
Tel Aviv is the friendliest city in the world for dogs, with 1 dog for every 17 residents, making it the city with the highest amount of dogs per capita in the world. 25,000 Tel Avivian dogs enjoy 70 public dog parks; 1.3 dog parks for every 1 square kilometer. Tel Aviv has also declared special beaches where dogs can roam freely.
The city-wide dog day will be celebrated at the Bnei Dan Dog Park with many attractions for the city's 4-legged residents. Among the attractions are:
- A display of startups founded in Tel Aviv that serve dogs and their owners
- Unique products for doggie birthdays
- Sushi for dogs
- Dog Spa......And many more doggie-friendly "treats"!
One of the 70 dog parks in Tel Aviv - Photo Credit: OurDogiz
The Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality sets dogs' welfare at high-priority:
- The city's shelter is a no-kill shelter
- Homeless animals are treated 24/7 by the city's vet services
- The city animal patrol checks complaints regarding animal abuse
- The Municipality continues to create activities for dogs, while last month a special screening of the movie "The Secret Life of Pets" was displayed for dogs and their owners.