As many of you know, I am a firm believer in having a bucket list. Life is short. Write down what you want to do before you move on to the next town, so to speak. And one of the items on my list is to attend this incredible Festival held annually in Eastern Canada; WOOFSTOCK. Unfortunately with my house selling (and all the craziness that it entails) I am unable to attend this year. But 2015 for sure. You can hold me to that.
So for those close to Toronto, Ontario, you won't want to miss this. (I asked the nice peeps who organize the event to please send me a news release and as you'll see, no wonder this makes my B-List.... Bucket list, that is.) Read on, fellow dog lovers!
North America’s largest outdoor festival for dogs, WOOFSTOCK, is getting even bigger! Drawing over 300,000 people last year, WOOFSTOCK will be moving, and tripling in size, to Woodbine Park on May 24-25.
Now entering its 11th year, WOOFSTOCK, is all about mixing popular classics with new soon-to-be fan favourites! Back by popular demand will be:
• Wiener Dog Races, where speedy daschunds make a frantic dash to the finish line!
• Running of the Pugs, take the running of the bulls and make it “pug-ier”
• Purina Pro Plan Dog Stars, a place to prove you can teach an old dog new tricks!
• Woofstock Fashion Show, showcasing the ultimate in canine couture
• Stupid Dog Trick Contest, the zanier the better!
• Mr. & Ms. Canine Canada Pageant, some dogs just exude canine charisma
• Ultimutts Stunt Dog Show, with a brand new production called Cirque du Canine!
Additional new features to WOOFSTOCK, as well as the expanse of Woodbine Park lending more room for dogs to be themselves will be:
• Dogs Open Toronto, a new place where dogs have the freedom to play in an off-leash area. Dogs Open is paying homage to the famous Toronto festival, Doors Open, taking place the same weekend.
• The Woofstock Chill Zone presented by Tito’s Vodka, take a moment to chill with “vodka for dog people”!
• Milk Bone has a new dental cleaning product and a photo booth for pet owners and their pups!
• More new vendors!
WOOFSTOCK, having been home to over 3,000 one-of-a-kind exhibitors from across the continent, will be adding even more new vendors offering the latest trends in pooch products varying from couture clothing, leashes and leads to the latest in treats, health supplements and dog training. Helping Fido prepare for the dog days of summer are MustLuvDogs® with Cool Coats® or how about having the most stylish dog in the park with a custom handmade leather dog collar from WoofWear? Both of these vendors, alongside hundreds more will be at the bark and call of tens of thousands of canines at WOOFSTOCK’s new home in Woodbine Park!
A festive tour de force, WOOFSTOCK draws tens of thousands of dogs in the know, their faithful humans in tow, from across the country and from the U.S to indulge in a weekend of doggie food, fashion, and fun.
For more information visit their website at www.woofstock.ca
Check out all the fun and action on their Facebook page and follow them on Twitter @Woofstock
Sponsored by CITY, Toronto Star, and toronto.com
See you next year!!!